The beauty industry is a booming business, and it’s not surprising that people are looking into new ways to make money with their skills. In this blog post, we will talk about the certification process for becoming a certified lash technician. If you want to know how to become a certified lash technician, look no further!
What is a Certified Lash Technician?
A certified lash technician is a licensed individual capable of applying lash extensions.
What’s a Certified Lash Tech’s Process Look Like?
Some certifications are offered by manufacturers while others are through local beauty schools. The certification process includes several steps, all of which must be completed before you can begin work as a fully certified professional.
First, you will need to meet all age, education, and experience requirements. You will also have to pass an examination, which typically includes both written questions about lash extension techniques as well as practical demonstrations of your skills on live models. Once you successfully complete all certifying exams, you are then certified for a set amount of time (typically one year).
During this period, it is important to keep your certifications current and up-to-date. If you fail to do this, then the certification will expire and it may become very difficult for you to find work as a certified lash technician.
Even after completing these programs, however, there are no guarantees that you will find work as a certified lash technician. It is important that you do your research and ensures that certifying agencies are reputable before taking on any certifications because it will be difficult to get the experience necessary to become successful if an agency does not have good standing in the industry.
What’s the Income Potential for a Certified Lash Technician?
The pay for this job varies from $14 to $25 per hour. Now, don’t let that put you off — this position is rarely paid an hourly rate. Those numbers are based on yearly earnings and tips combined.
If you work in a lash salon or studio, your commission is generally around 25%–45%. That implies your typical hourly wage will be closer to $14-$19. If you have your own lash room and a steady clientele, you can anticipate making between $20 and $25 per hour. BUT, a lot of money may go back to your business because of taxes and other things. These are things you should think about when you explore a career as a lash technician!
A lash technician, on the other hand, has the potential to make a fantastic income and have an amazing career if he or she is skilled!
Benefits of Becoming a Certified Lash Technician
The lash industry is a growing trend and it’s becoming more popular every day. If you have the skills, certification can be very beneficial to your career as a lash technician!
– Credibility: Having certifications from local beauty schools or manufacturers shows that you are qualified in lash extensions. Clients will recognize this immediately and view you as a lash extension professional.
– Schedule: Certified lash technicians have the freedom to set their own schedule and work as much or as little as they would like. This is a big perk for those who are looking for flexibility in their careers!
– Enjoyment: Lash technician certification allows you to enjoy your job more because it gives you a sense of accomplishment and pride. You will enjoy the lash extension industry more if you have some knowledge about what you are doing!
How to Become a Certified Lash Technician
To become a certified lash technician, you will need to complete the following steps:
– Research Lash Technician Certifications and Requirements in Your State
– Complete Training Programs for Lash Extensions. This means researching local beauty schools as well as manufacturers that offer certifications! You may even be able to find online courses or training programs that can help you learn lash extensions!
– Pass the Certification Exam. This exam will test your knowledge of client care, application techniques, and sanitation procedures for using professional eyelash extension products. For example, you may be asked questions about how to properly clean lashes or what types of glue are most commonly used by professionals in this industry.
– Keep Your Certifications Current and Up-to-Date. Failure to do so will mean that your certification will expire, which may make it very difficult for you to find work as a certified lash technician!
There are many ways that you can become certified as a lash technician but it’s important to do your research so you know which route is right for you! If you’re interested in becoming a lash technician we hope that this blog post helped you out!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?